No database indexes every publication. We strongly suggest that you search every database in this section of the LibGuide to compile the most complete EndNote libraries.
You can search and retrieve references from PubMed in two ways
From PubMed to directly to an EndNote library
To upload references directly from PubMed.
1. Open the EndNote Library into which you want to import references (e.g. Wigler Publications).
4. In the Search Results window
5. Click Save in the popup window
6. Save the text file (labeled pubmed_result) to your desktop, or you can create a PubMed results folder.
Now that you have created a text file of PubMed search results you can upload the file into your EndNote Library.
7. Click on File
8. From the dropdown click on Import then File.
9. In the Import File window;
Your records will be uploaded into your EndNote Library
How to search and retrieve PubMed references from within EndNote
1 In an open Library, click on Tools, Online Search,
2 From the Connection Files list choose PubMed (NLM). Click Choose,
The database should appear under Online Search in My Groups
Shortcut: You can also also add connection files by clicking on more under Online Search
3. Go to search and upload references directly from PubMed above and do steps 3 to 9
Eliminating duplicates from your library;
Removing references from your library;
To move references from trash back into your library