Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
3D Printing at CSHL
CSHL Library has a PRUSA i3 3D printer which is able to print objects in PLA plastic. The library gives instruction in 3D printing, so that you will be able to use the machine for training or protoyping purposes.
Upgrade 3d Printer
We are happy to announce that our Prusa printer was upgraded to a MK2S, which is a nice boost from the original model. This new model was also award "Best 3D Printer" by Make: magazine.
Prusa i3 MK2S 3D printer
Technical specs (September 2017 - MK2S edition)
- 31% bigger build volume – 10500 cm3 (25 x 21 x 20 cm or 9,84 x 8,3 x 8 in)
- Open frame design for easy use
- Integrated LCD and SD card controller (8GB included)
- Up to 40% faster printing thanks to the genuine E3D V6 Full hotend
- 0,4mm nozzle (easily changeable) for 1,75 mm filament
- Layer height from 0,05 mm
- Automatic mesh bed levelling
- Heatbed with cold corners compensation – for warpless 3D printing from any material
- Automatic skew axes compensation
- Hassle free PEI print surface - no glass, no glue, no ABS juice
- Supported materials – PLA, ABS, PET, HIPS, Flex PP, Ninjaflex, Laywood, Laybrick, Nylon, Bamboofill, Bronzefill, ASA, T-Glase, Carbon-fibers enhanced filaments, Polycarbonates...
- Easy multicolor printing based on layer height
- 1 kg (2 lbs) PLA filament included
- Average power consumption 70 W (printing PLA) or 110 W (printing ABS), exterior dimensions 42 x 42 x 38 cm (16.5 x 16.5 x 15 inches), weight 6,5 kg (14 lbs), CE certification
- Specially optimized firmware for quiet printing
PRUSA i3 3D Printer @ CSHL Library