Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ProQuest Ebook Central
Welcome! ProQuest EBook Central provides CSHL researchers and staff an easy way to discover and read a vast collection of scientific and technical books from leading publishers, courtesy of CSHL Library.
To maximize discovery efficiency:
- Search using text, then limit the topic and/or data of publication
- When viewing a list of titles, do not click on the title, but rather on the "Table of Contents" (bulleted list icon) to the right
- After locating the section(s) of interest, then click to begin reading
- You now have 5 minutes to view the full text of the entire book
- After 5 minutes, you will be prompted to you want the CSHL Library to purchase the book. If the book is useful, please complete the request with your name and phone number. A CSHL Librarian will then process your book request.
Once the book is purchased, you will be able to read for as long as your want and printout chapters.
While not required, creating an Ebook Central account on the will allow you to: request book for purchase directly to the CSHL library, create a bookshelf, bookmark passages and draw highlights within the ebook.
EBook Central provides an easy way to discover and read a vast collection of scientific and technical books from leading publishers.
The range of subjects available to you will depend on your institution’s subject focus.
- Health & Medicine
- Science & Technology
This guide created by ProQuest and slightly modified for CSHL specific information.
ProQuest Ebook Central Homepage
ProQuest Ebook Central Training Videos
Click here to access the playlist.